Salmi Abdesselam Professor of Law and Responsible of the Master (State and Institutions) – Faculty of Law and Political Science-University of Djelfa, Algeria
Family Name: Salmi
First Name: Abdesselam
Address: Cité Logements Universitaires Bassatine Bloc 14 No. 49 Djelfa 17000- Algeria
– 1994 Baccalaureate of Secondary Education in natural sciences and life (with honors)
– 1997Diploma of Professor of English at secondary education, (valedictorian)
– 1999Baccalaureate of Secondary Education in the Humanities, (with honors)
– 2003 Bachelor of Laws from the University of Djelfa-Algeria,
– 2000 Applied Studies Diploma in Business Law from Continuing Training University – Djelfa
– 2006 Magister of constitutional law from the University of Blida, Algeria,.( with honors)
– 2010 Ph.D. in public law at the University of Tlemcen, Algeria. Thesis Title” mechanisms for resolving disagreements between the two Houses of Parliament in the Algerian constitutional system and the comparative Constitutional regimes” ( with honors)
– 2012University Research Supervision Postdoctoral Diploma , University of Biskra ,Algeria.
– Professor of English: from September 13, 1997 till December 1, 2006.
– Assistant professor Class B: from December 2, 2006 till March 14, 2009.
– Assistant professor Class A: From the March 15, 2009 till November 30, 2010.
– Associate Professor: from December 1, 2010 till July 08 , 2017.
– A full Professor : from July 09 , 2017 till nowadays.
– Attorney-at –law in the courts of Algeria :from May 2015 till nowadays.
Language and computers:
-Fluent in Arabic, French and English.
-Mastering computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint …………)
Asministrative occupations :
– Director of the laboratory of environmental law – University of Djelfa: from February 3 ,2014 till nowadays.
– Responsible of the Master ( State and Institutions) – Faculty of Law and Political Science-University of Djelfa: from August 25 , 2014 till nowadays.
-Director of Law and Social Sciences Review , a review published in the university of Djelfa: from January 2 , 2016 till nowadays.
Scientific Projects :
-Member of the Laboratory of Human Rights and fundamental freedoms at the University of Tlemcen.
-Head of a research team CNEPRU entitled “mechanisms for national implementation of international environmental law”
– Head of research project PNR on “peaceful use of nuclear energy in international law”
-Member of a research team CNEPRU entitled “Reform of the public service in Algeria between legal texts and reality”
– Head of the scientific committee of the law department of the university of Djelfa.
– A member of the scientific council of the Faculty of Law and Political Science –University of Djelfa
-A member of the administration council of the Faculty of Law and Political Science –university of Djelfa
-A member of the scientific council of the University of Djelfa
Membership in Scientific committees of peer-reviewed journals:
– Journal of Law and Humanities, Faculty of Law, University of Djelfa.
– Review of Legal and Political Studies , University of Laghouat.
– Review of Political and Administrative Studies ,University of Djelfa.
-Tourath Review , University of Djelfa.
Memership of international associations :
-Egyptian Association of International Law
-International Nuclear Law Association
-Quebec International Law Association
1 / Parliamentary Shuttle :effective tool for resolving disagreements between the two chambers in a bicameral system?, Administrative Review, No. 372, PUF, Paris, November 2009 (quoted by Google Scholar database and documentation of ENA in France).
2 /Give the last word to the assembly elected by direct universal suffrage: the decline of egalitarian bicameralism or strengthening of democracy?, Journal of Law and Humanities, Faculty of Law, University of Djelfa, No. 4, January 2010.
3 / – “The effectiveness of the joint committee on theAlgerian constitutional system and comparativeregimes ” article published in the journal of the University of Adrar, 2009.
4 / “The civil service system in Algeria between the closed and open regime in the ordonnance06-03” Journal of Law and Humanities, Faculty of Law, University of Djelfa, No. 8, October, 2011.
5/The Legal system of journals , Takrit Review of legal and Political Sciences, 2011.
6/International liability on Nuclear Disasters , Legal and Administrative Law Review , Faculty of law and political sciences, University of Tlemcen ,2012
7/ Constitutionalizing the right to environment , Algerian Review of Legal , Political and Economic Studies , Faculty of Law , University of Algiers, March 2015.
8/The Supreme Court of the United States of America : the highest court in the land, Modelling the New Europe. An On-line Journal, Facultatea de Studii Europene -Universitatea Babeş-Bolyai,2015.
9/ Central administration of the protection of environment, Journal of Law and Humanities, Faculty of Law, University of Djelfa, December 2016.
10/ The notion of environment, Review of Legal and Political Studies , University of Laghouat , December 2016.
11/ Resolving the differences between the two assemblies in the Algerian constitutional system according to the constitutional amendment of 2016 , Review of Political and Administrative Studies ,University of Djelfa , December 2016.
12/The development of procedural seizure system of the Algerian Constitutional Council in the field of control of constitutionality of laws , JIL Review of Legal Depth Research , N° 09 , December 2016 ,JIL Scientific Research Center , Lebanon.
13/Legal Regime of Civil Liability for Nuclear Damage,EPRA International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research ,June 2017
14/ The governance regime in Islam between the regulators that controls it and the necessity of jurisprudence , Dirassat Review , University of Djelfa, March 2017.
15/The composition of the Algerian Constitutional Council , Algerian Review of Legal , Political and Economic Studies , Faculty of Law , University of Algiers , March 2016.
16/ New Grade of Professor Emeritus in Algeria: Academic Excellency or ambiguity in international level ? , Arab Review of Economic , Social and Legal Sciences , Morocco 2017.
1 / – The electronic evidence, presented at an international conference at the University of Djelfa, in March 2009.
2 / Algerian Constitutional Council: What role in the protection of human rights and civil liberties, international conference organized by the Laboratory of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms, Faculty of Law, University of Tlemcen, in December 2009.
3/The international responsibility of Japan of nuclear radiations by the earthquake, national seminar, Faculty of Law, University of Tiaret, May 2011.
4/Decentralization in the new constitutions of Tunisia and Morocco , International Conference on the national state ,decentralization and local governance : the experience of the Maghreb states , 27 /28 April 2015 , Faculty of Law and Political Sciences , university of Guelma , Algeria
5/The role of the Judge in the protection of environment in Algeria , Workshop on Marine Pollution : prevention and reparation of ecological damage , French Institute of Algiers , National Maritime School of Bousmail , Algeria and the Faculty of Law , University of Strasbourg , France , Algiers , 20 December 2015.
6/Arab United Emirates as a leading example of using Arabic in electronic government in the Arab world , International conference on the Arabic language and the challenges of the electronic administration , the high council of the Arabic Language , Marriot Hotel , March 2016 , Constantine , Algeria.
7/The role of parliamentary committees in making law , international conference in law making , Reform of constitutional Algerian regime laboratory , November 2015 , University of Djelfa , Algeria.
8/The role of environmental law in developing environmental awareness , International Conference on legal culture , November 2015 , Faculty of Law and Political Sciences , University of Djelfa , Algeria.
Fellow of Donahue Institute, University of Massachusetts, June 18th ,2015 – August 1st , 2015.
Modules taught :
2/ Administrative Courts.
3/ French law
4/English (for students of Political Sciences and Economics)
5/Theory of international relations for Master students ininternational relationslaw.
6/ Administrative economic law, local government for students of the doctoral school “State and Public Institutions.”
-Supervising more than 10 PhD theses.
– Supervising more than 40 Master’s theses-Membership of many PhD , Master’s and Research Habilitation jury .